Personal Tax

Personal Tax Accountant London

Need help with your Tax Return or want to pay less tax?

Do not leave it to the last minute to do your self assessment tax return!

If you leave it until the end of January every year to do your tax return then you need CCA Limited. Signing up for our accountancy package will mean that you never have to worry about the self assessment deadline again.

Fast Facts on Self Assessment

Self Assessment started in 1997, the idea being that taxpayers can easily complete their own tax returns. The reality has turned out to not be quite so simple.

The tax year runs from 6th April to 5th April in the following year and under self-assessment it is up to the individual taxpayer to calculate their own tax liability and pay the tax due by the due date.

Who has to fill in a Self-Assessment Return?

The majority of people in the UK are taxed under PAYE and do not have to complete a Self Assessment tax return. However, where you have income that is not taxed at source or may be liable to higher rate tax on income that has only had basic rate tax stopped, you will probably need to complete a self-assessment return. It is your responsibility to notify chargeability to tax to HMRC.

The following people usually have to complete one:

  • Anyone who is self-employed
  • A Company Director
  • A trustee
  • Pensioners with an annual income of £100,000 or more
  • Employees or pensioners with an annual income from savings or investments of £10,000 or more
  • An employee or pensioner with untaxed annual income of £2,500 or more
  • A landlord who rents out property or land

If you are unsure whether you need to complete one, please contact us for advice.

Personal tax services are available both for business owners and private individuals including:

  • All aspects of Self Assessment
  • Dealing with Tax Returns
  • Tax enquiries
  • Computation of liabilities
  • Tax disputes
  • Correspondence with HMRC
  • Inheritance tax planning